Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content

30 Days Prior to Departure

Keeping it 100 before, upon, and after your arrival.

48 MDG / Dental Clinic

You must drop off 1 copy of your orders for yourself and all dependents - NO EARLIER THAN 5 duty days prior to final out.

PRP / Flyers: Report to the Dental Clinic 24 hours prior to your final out to drop off copies of orders.

Commercial +44 (0)1638-52-8010

DSN 226-8010

48 MDG / Out-Patient Records

Non-PRP / Non-Flyers: Drop off one copy of orders to 48 MDG Medical Records (Bldg  932 room 117) NLT 10 days prior to departure. All medical records (AD and dependents) will be mailed to the next location. Orders can also be sent to the org box: [email protected]

PRP/Flyers: Report to the PRP/Flight Medicine and Dental Clinic prior to your final out to drop off two copies of orders.

48 MDG / Tricare Outprocessing

Members must be within 10 duty days of fly out date or final out (for those separating or retiring).

Members can visit with Tricare to out-process during opening hours with a copy of their orders. Portability forms will be provided and can be filled out in person.

The Tricare Service Center (TSC) is open Monday to Thursday from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm, and on Fridays from 7:30 am - 2:30 pm.  TSC is closed on the 3rd Wednesday of every month for training. 

If members prefer to out-process electronically they can send an UNENCRYPTED email with fly-out date requesting to out-process to : [email protected]

The TSC will then send needed documents and instructions to upload documents to the DoD Safe website.

Commercial +44 (0)1638-52-8143

DSN 226-8143

100 FSS / Passport Office

If you are within 15 days of your departure date and your vMPF checklist has not been signed, please email: [email protected], with a copy of your PCS Orders.  For information regarding country requirements please refer to the Foreign Clearance guide.

PPC / Visa / Passport - Request a Visa

Military Personnel with a PPC Code that states: Member will need a visa or diplomatic passport (i.e. Mildenhall, Columbia) will need to request a visa prior to their departure.  U.S. eligible dependents are required to have No-Fee Passports while remaining in an OCONUS location. 

If you have recently processed documents through our office and will be departing before your documents arrive please email: [email protected], with a copy of your PCS Orders, and forwarding address.  Please use the subject line: Forward Passport Documents No PPC Codes/Visas.

 Military Personnel who do not have a PPC code or will not require a visa or diplomatic passport will be cleared on the vMPF.

Retiring / Separating - Turn in Passport

Military personnel Separating/Retiring must turn in Government (Official/No-Fee) Passports for cancellation prior to departure. Dependents may travel on government No-Fee passports back to the U.S., if they do not possess a tourist passport.

However, dependent No-Fee passports MUST be turned, to either a military installation that has a passport office, or mailed into the following address: U.S. Department of State CA/PPT/SIA 1125 Special Place Dulles, VA 20189-1123.

If official/No-Fee passports are not turned in, the US Department of State may deny any future passport applications.

Japan, Germany, South Korea - SIP Usage

ATTENTION: DoD civilians and Eligible Family Members on official travel must have either a Special Issuance Passport (SIP) or, as a temporary measure, a memorandum from a DoD Passport Agent stating the SIP application was submitted prior to departure from the point of origin.  The memorandum must identify each applicant, date of submission, country of travel for PCS/TDY/TAD and DoD VPAS ID. 

For a limited time, boarding a flight while on official travel status with a Regular Tourist (blue tourist) Passport is permissible ONLY with such a memo, which is to be presented to boarding officials, upon request.  NOTE: This temporary exception, i.e., allowing official travel on a Regular Passport with a memorandum (in lieu of a SIP),

originally set to expire on 30 September 2021 has been extended until 31 March 2022.  Effective 1 April 2022, official travel must be conducted with a SIP. See I.A., below for additional requirements. (additional information is provided in the Foreign Clearance Guide).

Civilians, their eligible family members and eligible military family members on official travel must have either a Special Issuance Passport (SIP), i.e., Official, No-fee Regular or Diplomatic Passport or as a temporary measure, a Regular (blue - tourist) Passport along with a DoD Passport Agent Memo stating the SIP application was submitted prior to departure from the point of origin. The memo must identify each applicant, application submission date, country of travel for PCS/TDY/TAD and the DoD Visa Passport System (VPAS) ID / 1056 Bar Code number. Boarding WILL NOT be allowed without the proper credentials.

Special Issuance Passport (SIP)= No-Fee Passport (Eligible Family Members)

Book Appointment: with RAF Mildenhall Passports

Passport Checklists: the MPF page

Passport hours of operation:

Appointments Only:  Monday to Thursdays: 8:30 am - 3 pm.  Closed Fridays.

Walk-in Hours: If you have been notified by our office to pick-up your documents during our hours of operation.

100 FSS / Base Library

Contact the Base Library at least 30 days prior to departure. Return all items. No checkouts after you are out-processed with the Base Library.

Commercial +44 (0)1638-54-2352

DSN 238-2352

Transportation to Airport

Only certain authorized taxis are allowed on base.

The ODR Taxi can transport to on or off base destinations.

100 FSS Outdoor Recreation (ODR) shuttle:
Commercial +44 (0)1638-54-4283

DSN: 238-4283

Keep your receipts!

  • Reservations and payment can be made either in person or over the phone
  • Notify ODR ASAP of any changes to travel plans
  • Visa, MasterCard, American Express and GTC can be used for payment; GTC is reimbursable on travel voucher
  • Departure time for London Heathrow should be 5 hours prior to your flight departure
  • Transportation to Airport hotels may also be arranged
  • Pets: Additional fees apply. Availability may be subject to the size of pet crates.  Animals must be crated during transportation

100 CPTS / Financial Information

In order to out-process with Finance, send over a copy of PCS orders and itinerary to the Comptroller Services Portal (CSP) within 30 days of your departure date.

Reimbursable Expenses

Reimbursable expenses may include flights, mileage and tolls to airport or to ship POV.

Keep receipts! Expenses associated with rental cars or pet travel are not reimbursable. Personally procured move expenses can be claimed with TMO.

COVID tests are reimbursable for PCSing.

Rental cars are not generally not authorized for reimbursement for PCS unless specifically stated on PCS orders.

Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA)

TLA reimburses Airmen for OCONUS government lodging and meals during a PCS. A non-availability statement is required if staying off base. TLA is a reimbursement through military pay.

All TLA claims at RAF Mildenhall are claimed through the RAF Lakenheath Housing Office, email:

[email protected].

How to pay for all the travel? If your family needs financial assistance to help pay for travel expenses before you are reimbursed, check out these options:

Government Travel Card

  • All Airmen on official government travel will be issued a GTC for permissible expenses while on official travel orders. GTCs may not be used while on leave status.

  • Unpaid GTC bills charge a $29 late payment fee after it becomes 60 days delinquent. Unpaid GTC bills can impact an Airman’s personal credit score. Consult the unit’s Agency Program Coordinator for details and to be placed in Mission Critical status prior to departure.

Base Pay Advance

  • One month base pay can be advanced 30 days prior to departure or 60 days after arrival.

  • Review all options before taking a PCS pay advance. This must be paid back within 12 months. Certain situations require CC signature. Contact the Finance office for more information.

For more details contact Finance through the CSP on the AF Portal.