We aim to serve!
Providing Official Mail Services to units on RAF Mildenhall.
The RAF Mildenhall Post Office will now open at 7 am - 5 pm on Wednesdays to support shift workers. The new 7 am open time applies to the Parcel Pick-up window only.
Every 2nd Thursday of the month the Post Office will be closed 8 am - Noon for training to better serve you.
In & Out Processing
- General Delivery
- USPS Money Orders
- USPS Stamps
- Mailing Out
- Parcel Pick Up
USPS Claims Info
Do you need someone else to pick up your mail?
If you need someone that is not an authorized family member or dependent to collect your mail, you will need to come into the Post Office and complete a PS form 3801 request, this form must be completed as a hard copy.
If you are unable to physically visit our Post Office, you will need to get a special power of attorney explicitly for handling and managing mail.
Planning to be out of the area for more than 10 days?
In the event of an extended absence, use this self-service worksheet to help us manage your mail while you are gone. Click the button above to download the Temporary Forward / Hold Form.
We'll hold all your mail until you return. Nothing will be sent back until the hold expires.
We’ll send all your mail to another location until you return. You may selectively forward mail or parcels as well.
If you’ll be gone for more than 6 months, we require a copy of your orders. If you need your hold or forward extended, please send an encrypted email to the Customer Service org box.
Do you need to request or update mail service?
Our RAFM Post Office Worksheet will enable you to:
In & Out Process:
Complete the Mail Worksheet up to 90 days in advance and send it in with a copy of your orders.
Request General Delivery Service:
For TDYs/Deployments to RAFM of less than 90 days use the Mail Worksheet to make a temporary change.
Marriage, Birth, Change of Name:
Add or update personal and dependent information with the Mail Worksheet and send it in with a copy of your supporting documents.
Once you have digitally signed the form, hit the submit button and attach your supporting documents (Orders, Birth/Marriage Certificate) to the auto-generated email and send it!
Choose How You Ship and Pay
Speed up sending out mail by pre-printing your customs form and postage using one of the options below.
The RAF Mildenhall Post Office accepts the following forms of credit/debit payment:
Please note that we do not accept cash or check payments. We apologize for the inconvenience.
When sending packages for free APO to APO (AKA MPS or IDS packages), you are still required to complete a customs form. Please be aware that free APO to APO provides no insurance and no guarantee of tracking or delivery.
To complete a customs form for MPS/IDS packages, use one of the following options:
For all other kinds of mail, you can pre-pay for postage before you arrive at the Post Office to receive expedited service. It's a simple as completing the forms online, pay, print, and bring them in to post! We'll scan the package and give you your receipt immediately.
USPS offers several choices for paying for postage:
If you are not comfortable with pre-paying for your mail before arrival, you can still come to the Post Office and complete the forms here. Once the forms are complete, you'll come to the window and pay for your postage.
Please be aware that this method takes the longest and customers with pre-paid mail will be served first.
We have computers available for your use as well.
Or complete a hard copy PS Form 2976-R in the Post Office!
Click N' Ship & Customs Forms at the Post Office
We will have two Click-N-Ship kiosks located in our Outbound Mail lobby with step-by-step instructions to better assist you with this process.
*Please note when choosing a shipping date from the list provided, the date chosen must be the same date you mail out your package(s). Otherwise, you will be required to complete a new online customs form(s).
APO and Stateside Address
PSC 37 Box …..
APO AE 09459
(Do not add country name UK, Great Britain or England)
PSC 37 Box …..
Bury St Edmunds
- Patrons must present a Federally issued ID. CAC's, Retiree/Dependent ID's and Passports are accepted.
- Be prepared with your box number for the clerk.
- It is against regulation to open your mail in the Post Office. You will be asked to leave immediately if you do so.
- Parcels mailed to Retirees will be returned to sender if they exceed 16oz and are not authorized medication.
- Small parcels may be delivered directly into your mail box. Please ensure you are checking your mail box twice a week.
- Incoming members may have a mail box opened up to 90 days prior to their RNLTD.
- If you are going on Leave, TDY, Deployment for more than 10 days, place your mail on hold to ensure it is not returned to sender.
- We can assign mail receptacles 60 days or less for members arriving.
- Customers must out-process the post office prior to leaving RAF Mildenhall.
- Under no circumstances can we tell you about packages or mail in your box over the phone.
- We do not sell stamps or postage for Royal Mail.
- To pick up Personal Registered Mail, you will need to bring your ID and the orange delivery slip (PS Form 3849). Registered Mail is picked up from the Official Mail Center doors at the back of Raf Mildenhall Post Office.
- To mail out Personal Registered Mail, you cannot wrap the package in plastic or plastic tape.
- Registered Mail is the most secure way to ship parcels, however this security slows the speed of shipment, so allow extra time for delivery.
- Insurance for the full value of the parcel (up to $50,000) is automatically included with your Registered Mail fee.
- All Official use of Registered Mail will be handled by the Official Mail guidelines.
- Updated Pricing as of Jan 2021
- Official Mail can only be sent or received by properly appointed Unit Mail Clerks. Unit Mail Clerks must have an approved 285 card or be appointed on their unit's 4332.
- Use of extra services (Certified. Registered, Express) must be directed by regulation or law, or have an Exception to Policy memo attached to explain the need. In all cases, a 3877 must be completed.
- Insurance is not available for Official Mail under any circumstances, due to the Government's self-insurance policy.