Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content

Travel Allowance

Submitting Travel Voucher

During weekly Tuesday Newcomers’ Orientation, members are informed of the process of completing their travel voucher, and should bring the following items: Copies of PCS orders and amendments; all receipts related to travel (especially over $75); airfare itineraries; and Government Travel Card statement.

Reimbursable Expenses

Reimbursable expenses may include flights, taxis that are authorized on base, and tolls to / from the airport.  If you shipped a car you will need to provide Finance with the Scratch and Dent form (good rule of thumb is to bring your GTC statement as this could be used in place of receipts)

Keep receipts! Expenses associated with rental cars or pet travel are not reimbursable. Personally procured move expenses can be claimed with TMO. COVID test expenses are reimbursable for official travel.

Dislocation Allowance (DLA)

DLA covers part of the cost of moving. It is an allowance you don’t pay back. DLA is based on rank/dependency status and if dependents relocate. Members in the Dorms are not eligible for DLA.

Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE)

TLE reimburses up to 5 days of CONUS Permanent Duty Station government lodging & meals during a PCS. Will be paid as a travel payment with the voucher (split disbursement). A non-availability statement required if lodged off base. Receipt required.

Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA)

TLA reimburses Airmen for OCONUS government lodging and meals during a PCS. A non-availability statement is required if staying off base. TLA claims are made through the RAF Lakenheath Housing Office in 10-day increments.  Maximum of 60 days reimbursement. 

TLA will be paid as an entitlement in mid-month or end-of-month pay check.  Check the remarks on your LES to see what days have been paid out.  It’s your responsibility to pay your Government Travel Card (GTC) for this entitlement!  TLA will go on your LES and not to your GTC.

How to pay for all the travel?

If your family needs financial assistance to help pay for travel expenses before you are reimbursed, check out these options:

Government Travel Card (GTC)

  • All Airmen on official government travel will be issued a GTC for permissible expenses while on official travel orders. GTCs may not be used while on leave status.
  • Unpaid GTC bills charge a $29 late payment fee after it becomes 60 days delinquent. Unpaid GTC bills can impact an Airman’s personal credit score. Consult the unit’s Agency Program Coordinator for details and to be placed in Mission Critical Status prior to departure.

Base Pay Advance

  • One month base pay can be advanced less deductions 30 days prior to departure or 60 days after arrival.
  • Review all options before taking a PCS pay advance. This must be paid back within 12 months. Certain situations require CC signature. Contact the Finance office for more information.

M&FRC: Housing Assistance Loan Overseas (HALO)

  • The Air Force Aid HALO loan assists members with bridging the gap between applying for a housing advance and receiving the funds.  It can also be used to help pay for lodging if you don’t have a GTC.  Contact the M&FRC for details on how to help put down money for the rental housing deposit, or pay for lodging.  

    You will need:
    - Most current, full month Leave & Earnings Statement
    - Signed lease and Housing form (AF Form 1039); or Lodging bill
    - PCS orders

    For more details call The M&FRC. This is not offered at 100 CPTS/Finance, you must contact the M&FRC.

Commercial +44 (0)1638-54-3406

DSN 238-3406

TLA – TQSA Reimbursement Process

DoD members are authorized Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA) upon arrival and can submit paperwork for every 10 nights of lodging to be reimbursed for meal and/or lodging costs.

How to get TLA Reimbursement: Military Members Only

Member must file for TLA reimbursement in 10-day increments. To do so provide the Housing Office (email [email protected]) with copies of the following items:

  • Copy of the hotel PAID RECEIPT showing charges for 10 days.
  • Copy of PCS orders and amendments.
  • If staying off base, copy of non-availability statement issued by lodging
  • House search form provided by the Housing office.
How to get TQSA Reimbursement: Civilian Employees Only

Member must file for Temporary Quarter Subsidy Allowance (TQSA) reimbursement in 30-day increments.

  • Contact Civilian Personnel Office, they will meet with you one-on-one to complete TQSA processing. Phone: +44-1638-54-3540 or DSN: 314-238-3540
  • For more details see:
  • You are authorized TQSA for up to 90 days for temporary quarters
  • This includes meals and laundry/dry-cleaning expenses
  • You need to extend your lodging reservations every 30 days. Don’t do this on the 30th day as you will be getting a “checkout” notice on that day. Plan in advance.
  • Submit your travel voucher through the Comptroller Services Portal.  Any questions call Finance at +44-1638-54-8851 or DSN 314-238-8851.

Additional information regarding overseas allowances can be found below. 

Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) Over Payment

If currently receiving BAH it will stop effective the day prior to arriving at RAF Mildenhall (new permanent duty station).

An overpayment may result due to the time you arrived here and the time your Finance paperwork is processed.

ADVANCE DEBT will show on your Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) the month after arrival.

As soon as you see this ADVANCE DEBT on your LES please contact Finance at DSN (314) 238-8851 or commercial +44 (0) 1638 54 8851, or submit a Comptroller Services Portal ticket if you have questions or concerns.

If 100 CPTS/Finance does not hear back from you within 30 days of the notification on your LES then the debt will begin to come out of your pay, split over mid-month and end-of-month paychecks.

Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA)

On the LES this is shown as BAH.  The maximum rent cap is determined based on rank and dependent status.  The Housing Office will share the latest rates with you during Tuesday Newcomer Orientations.  The amount you receive is either your actual rent or rent cap (whichever is less).  Utility allowance is included.

Move-In Housing Allowance (MIHA)

This is only received with OHA, and details will be shared with you by the Housing Office during Tuesday Newcomer Orientations.

Cost of Living Allowance (COLA)

COLA is paid to partially offset high costs when stationed overseas.  This is determined by your rank, time in service, number of dependents, and whether you live in the dorms or not.

When assigned to dorms you will receive 47% of the off-base rate.

Family Separation Allowance (FSA)

Only given to members (mil-to-mil or with dependents) on an unaccompanied restricted tour, or with TDY en route and not with dependents for more than 30 days.

Recruiters Assistance Program (RAP)

Completion letter (memorandum) with recruiting office Commanders’ signature required.  Once 100 CPTS Finance Office receives the letter, leave will be credited back.

Comptroller Services Portal (CSP)

CSP is a new system where you can submit military, travel, and civilian pay questions at any time from a CAC enabled device.

You can track where your inquiry is using the website with email notifications alerting you of any status change.

CSP includes helpful financial information relevant to RAF Mildenhall, and you will receive a response from a technician in a timely manner.

CSP link: 

The 100 CPTS Finance team can be contacted at DSN (314) 238-8851 or commercial +44 (0) 1638 548851, or submit a Comptroller Services Portal ticket if you have questions or concerns.