Keeping it 100 before, upon, and after your arrival.
What is Command Sponsorship?
Command Sponsorship applications are done at the losing duty station and are not initiated in U.K. Without Command Sponsorship, dependents (except EU citizens) are considered tourists who are limited to 90 days in country with little support authorized from the U.S. Air Force.
Being granted Command Sponsorship means that your family members are approved to accompany a DoD member “Outside the Continental U.S.” (OCONUS) for the length of his or her tour. Command Sponsorship of dependents is not guaranteed. DoD members must apply for Command Sponsorship, which includes an Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) Screening of each family member.
What benefits does it provide?
No-Fee Passport & UK Visa / Vignette
- Travel: DoD member receives travel allowances and reimbursements for Command Sponsored family
- Cost of Living Allowance (COLA): DoD member will receive this special allowance at a higher “with dependent” rate
- Household Goods Shipment: DoD member receives a higher “with dependent” weight allowance for household goods
- Attendance at DoDEA schools
- Access to on-base services and facilities such as the U.S. Post Office, Commissary and Base Exchange
- Employment: Dependents must be Command Sponsored to apply for employment
Before Arrival Topics
- Start 100th PCS
- Getting Started
- Command Sponsorship
- EFMP Screening
- Passports & Visas
- Book Lodging
- Book Travel
- Traveling with Pets
- Shipping Household Goods
- Shipping Vehicle
- Set Up Overseas P.O. Box
- Child Care & Youth Programs Prep
- School Registration Prep
- Legal Services
- Cell Phones & Keeping in Touch
- Credit Cards